The Wagner Review is now accepting applications for the 2013-14 Executive Board. The board is responsible for setting the vision, tone, and standards of Wagner’s academic journal and for fostering stimulating intellectual discourse through The Review‘s online and public presence. To apply, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com with a word document or PDF that includes the following information:
- The primary position for which you are applying (descriptions are below)
- Any other positions of interest
- Two 200-word (maximum) essays on the following topics:
- Why are you a great candidate for this position?
- Tell us your vision for your role at The Wagner Review. This may include specific areas for improvement or suggestions for expanding the activities of The Review at Wagner and beyond.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AT 11:59PM ON FRIDAY, APRIL 12th. Applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted the following week.
The following positions are open for applicants:
- Editor-in-Chief: Oversees the broad goals of the journal, coordinates the executive board functions, and acts as the liaison with the Wagner administration and other Review stakeholders.
- Managing Editor – Print Editorial Process: Oversees the editorial and review processes for the print edition, acting as the point person for all related staff questions and concerns. Handles communication with authors where necessary. In tandem with the Production Manager and Editor-in-Chief, will determine how to synthesize the article selection process with the overarching strategic vision for The Review.
- Managing Editor – Print Production: Responsible for establishing a timeline for the print process, beginning with submission deadlines, through the selection, review, and editorial processes, ending with the final publication date. Will identify and hire a copyeditor and a designer who fit the needs of the print edition. Coordinates scheduling meetings and setting deadlines with the Managing Editor, sharing responsibility for staff management, particularly during editorial and review board meetings.
- Managing Editor – Online: Coordinates all online columnists and editors, acting as the point person for all online staff, as well as managing the selection process for publicly-submitted pieces. The Managing Editor – Online will also liaise with other institutions and the Wagner administration as it pertains to the online edition of the Review. Works in close coordination with the Digital Media Director to post articles and new content to the website and ensures their substantive quality.
- Digital Media Director: Coordinates efforts to increase The Wagner Review’s social media presence and following, disseminates Review content through social media, seeks to stimulate public dialogue about The Wagner Review content in social media, and engages with other student groups and other Wagner Review stakeholders via social media. Maintains and promotes The Review’s website. Updates the design and layout of the website as needed to achieve the goals of The Review, and facilitates social media promotion of the website.
- Events and Marketing Manager: Oversees event coordination, and is responsible for managing and issuing public relations-oriented content, such as The Review’s call for papers, staff recruitment, and event announcements. Coordinates online promotion with the Digital Media Director and liaises with print and online staff to curate topics for new events and opportunities for engagement with the Wagner community and beyond.
- Business Manager: Manages all financial and budgetary operations of The Review, negotiates with printer, collaborates with the print production editor to identify and negotiate with print editor and print designer, and works with the Wagner Student Association to ensure integration with the Wagner community.