2020 Policy Memo Competition
In accordance with New York University’s current guidance regarding reduced NYU group activities and COVID-19, we made the unfortunate decision to cancel this year’s Policy Memo Competition.
Presented by The Wagner Review and Wagner Alliance for Climate Change and the Environment
Submit your proposal for dealing with the toll of climate change
Climate change is an existential crisis — and we have to treat it that way. As future shapers of public policy, Wagner students must think about tackling the toll of climate change on our planet, our way of life, and/or our politics. Submit a memo on dealing with any aspect of climate change — from the perspective of law, healthcare, urban planning, international policy, migration, public opinion, and more. You could win up to $300!
First Place: $300
Second Place: $200
Third Place: $100
- Policy or Strategy Memo
- 1,000 – 1,500 words
- Open to every Wagner student
- Submission deadline: April 3 at 11:59 PM
- Presentation from Memo Finalists & Judging: April 16 at 6:30 PM
- Any memos aligning with the above theme are welcome. Participants are encouraged to approach the prompt from their policy area of interest/expertise.
- Participants must submit original work; secondary sources referenced must be cited.
- All entries will go through a two-round feedback process before judging.
Selected finalists will proceed to a final round where they will present their thesis, arguments and evidence for 10 minutes in front of a panel of Wagner faculty and policy experts. The event will take place on April 16th at 6:30 pm in Rudin at the Puck Building.
For more information, and to enter a submission, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be enrolled in a graduate level course at NYU at the time of the competition to apply.